As a Coach I LOVE questions - and the more challenging and thought provoking the better! I was recently sent these 50 GREAT questions - many of which I have not used before. There are no right or wrong answers - and sometimes no answers at all!! It is the thinking that is important.Which ones are your favourites?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so
many things we don’t do?
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start
criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The
criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live
in, where would you move and why?
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it
makes the elevator faster?
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
- Why are you, you?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good
friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it
really matter now?
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away
feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of
an idea you strongly believed in?
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become
extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and
do what you know is right?
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What
about the day before that? Or the day before that?
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for
yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?